Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Romeo, You Idiot




I received an e-mail from Kyle Thompson of Headlands School asking if I drew on the flats that I painted for theater. Yes I do my own drawings-I would love to e-mail Kyle back but he didn't leave me an address when he contacted me from my website, jansfriends.com. So I thought I would just put it in my blog and hopefully he'll read it.

Harry (my 15 year old) is currently playing Romeo in his school production of "Romeo, You Idiot". A week before they opened he asked me if I could help paint the set. So in 3 days I painted the set. My daughter Kelly came to visit one day and she helped. My sister is visiting from Utah, so on opening day when I was really frazzeled, she and my husband came and helped me finish up. There were a lot of little details I would have liked to finish, but it looked good enough. You can't really see from the pictures very well how cool the texture for brick turned out on the Montague house.

The play was really funny. Harry was terrific. We were very proud of him. I enjoyed being his mom who painted the set- in the program we were listed as "Harry Larsen's Scenic Family" under special thanks. Next fall they're planning to do "Dracula". I would love to paint that.

1 comment:

kashurst said...

Those pictures really don't do it justice! You are so wonderful!

Followers