Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Love Being a Girl

Recently, I was asked to illustrate the Young Women's theme for our Ward (Church). I had a great time drawing girls. I love being a girl. I have always been grateful to be one. Pink is my favorite color (though lime green is a close second). I like dresses and cute shoes. I loved my Barbie doll (of couse I also love my toy dinosaurs). I love that girls are sensitive and nurturing and emotional and sentimental. And yet we're tough and resillient and way smarter than boys.

So let me tell you about the girls on this poster:

A young woman wh o knows her divine nature knows she is loved by her Heavenly Father and her earthly parents. She is happy and sometimes silly.

Have faith. It will make you both strong and sensitive.








As daughters of a Heavenly Father, we are nurturers and so we look for opportunities to help. As friends we support each other as we struggle to be in the world but not of the world.


Raise your hand! Study. Know the answers. Volunteer. A young woman who has knowledge knows her individual worth as a daughter of God.


Be thoughtful of your choices. Be careful of the consequences of the decisions you make. Your Heavenly Father loves you and knows you and will help you.


Be grateful that you are a beloved daughter of your Heavenly Father. Celebrate your life. Be happy (and sometimes silly)!

2 comments:

kashurst said...

Hey mom! Can I get copies of the theme and of each individual girl & her explanation? I'd love the girls in my ward to have them! I didn't know that you put THAT much thought into each of them! You are amazing! I love you!

Mark A said...

Wow! Really Cool.

Followers